Roane County Schools
Central Office Contact Information
813 Capitol Street,
Spencer, WV 25276
Roane County Mission
It is the mission of Roane County Schools to provide each student with the best educational opportunities possible and to assist each child in reaching his/her maximum potential-academically, emotionally, physically, and socially.
ROANE COUNTY SCHOOLS
Request for Proposal
The Roane County Schools (RCS) 1:1 Teaching/Learning Initiative proposes to provide a financially sustainable 1:1
program to cover four consecutive years of providing computer devices to students in grades 3-12. At the current time,
Roane County High School grades 9-12, and middle school students grades 5-8 have 1:1.
The purpose of this RFP is to acquire competitive pricing and service offerings for a distributive, large-scale device
purchase. This initiative represents a committed purchase of 400 computer devices this summer before schools starts.
Please follow the link below for the full, formal RFP document.
Roane County Schools Superintendent's Update:
- Fortune named West Virginia teachers among the “world’s greatest leaders,” placing them at #31 on the list of 50.
- Roane County’s 2017-18 Teachers of Excellence, as chosen by a vote of their peers, are:
- PK – 4: Deborah Albert (PE, SES)
- 5 – 8: Alicia Coon (5th, SMS)
- 9 – 12: Mark Craddock (Social Studies, RCHS)
- Roane County’s 2017-18 Service Person of the Year, also chosen by a vote of her peers, is Sandra Gray (Bus Operator).